Republic of Malta is a small, island country in the Mediterranean Sea that lies south of the island of Sicily, Italy. Malta is one of the top jurisdictions in Europe for companies that intend to trade within the European Union.
Licenses in Malta are often valid throughout the EU however, the cost of obtaining and renewing these permits is much lower in Malta. Once licensed, you can become the owner of a software company, online casino, lottery or other gambling business.
Advantages of the Malta Company registration:
- Malta is on the forefront of OECD and FATF compliance and is fully white-listed;
- Signed double tax treaties with more than 60 countries;
- The country has an attractive investment passport program;
- Jurisdiction gives applecant an ability to re-domicile company;
- List of documents required, and the authorized capital are minimal;
- High standards of confidentiality and personal data protection;
- Effective corporate tax rate is 5% (after TAX refund);
- Relatively low costs on establishment and operating.
The corporate tax rate in Malta is 35%, however, the law provides for a tax refund after the annual report is submitted, the tax is paid to the budget and the profit distribution decision is made, the shareholders of the company receive a refund (Tax refund) in the amount of 6/7 of the paid amount, which leads to the actual tax rate of 5%.
All companies are required to maintain financial statements, which must be verified by a chartered accountant, also registered as an auditor. The audited financial statements are submitted annually to the tax authorities and the company registration department.
The company does not need to have a bank account in Malta, accounts in other countries are allowed. Please, get consultation from our experts about how to open bank account and obtain the appropriate licenses in Malta.