Spain is a European country located on the Iberian Peninsula. Country is divided into 17 autonomous regions. In Spain, it is profitable to invest in tourism, eco and bio-products, port infrastructure, mineral products and it’s production.
Advantages of the company registration in Spain:
- Spain is the country with the most serious laws promoting and protecting entrepreneurship;
- Double tax treaty agreements signed with more than 80 countries;
- Absence of numerous regulatory and monitoring structures;
- Possibility of obtaining a Spanish residence permit;
- Possibility of bank account opening in a European bank and credit loans obtaining for business development;
- Reduced taxation in the first 2 years after registration of the company;
- The shareholders are not personally liable, including their own property, for the debts of the company.
Spain company description:
- Before company registration, it is necessary to provide a full set of documents for each director/shareholder including a notarized copy of the passport, completed questionnaire, signed income source form and others.
- Registration of the company is carried out with the personal presence of the shareholder who signs the documents. There is a possibility to register the company in Spain by power of attorney.
- Sociedad Anonima (S.A.) is a joint-stock company with share capital of 60,000 Euros or more. At the stage of registration of the company in Spain, the capital is paid at least in amount of 15 000 Euros.
- Sociedad de Responsabilidad Limitada (S.L.) is a limited liability company. The share capital of 3,000 Euros is paid fully at the registration stage. To register the company, you need director and shareholder, preferably residents of the EU.
- All residents of Spain must obtain a Tax Identification Number (NIE). The number can be obtained in Barcelona or at the Spanish Embassy. A personal presence of the director/shareholder is required to obtain a tax number in Barcelona.
- After receiving the tax number, it is necessary to plan a trip to Barcelona, to visit the bank, to contribute to the share capital and to draw up a notarial act of incorporation of the company at the notary’s office.
Taxation in Spain:
- Corporate tax for companies with incomes less than EUR 1.5 million – 30%, the rest – 35%;
- Sale of immovable property is taxed at the rate of 7% of its value; movable property at the rate of 4%;
- Personal income tax is paid at source at a rate from 18% to 48%, depending on the amount of income received;
- VAT – 16%.